Thursday, April 24, 2014

Might As Well Start At The Begining

As I sat here staring at my monitor wondering what would be our first true blog post should we talk about a 5 star film the new Salem tv show maybe a truly creepypasta or just a fun campy Indie movie. and then it hits me like a jump scare lets start off where it all began. In 1896 a short 3 min silent film was made by Georges Méliès  Le Manoir du diable or as it was released in the U.S. The Haunted Castle.
Lets take a look.....



Isn't that GREAT. It has everything you could ever want in the genre. We got the Devil, Ghost, and Vampires. Now I'm sure someone out there will bring up Edison's 1895 short The Execution of Mary Stuart but I consider this more of a historical film then a true horror film and at only 17 seconds it a really short short. Well there you have it the root of our family horror tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment